The Colne Practice currently provide a range of services including:
- GP appointments with named GP
- Blood pressure checks
- Blood tests
- Chronic Disease Management clinics (diabetes, asthma, COPD, chronic heart disease, stroke/TIA)
- Cervical Screening - by appointment with the practice nurse, Monday - Friday.
- NHS health checks (40-74 years) - by appointment with a nurse
- Baby immunisation clinics -Monday pm and Tuesday am
- Travel immunisation - patients should complete the online questionnaire and book an appointment with the practice nurse.
- Contraceptive Services - by appointment. Most doctors prescribe oral contraception and our nurses can do an annual oral contraceptive pill check.
- Ante Natal Clinics - by appointment during surgery times. A midwife attends for Ante Natal Clinic on Thursdays.
General Medical Services (GMS) are provided free under the National Health Service (NHS). Charges are raised for non-GMS services such as the completion of private medical insurance claim forms, holiday cancellation insurance claim forms, counter-signature of passport photographs, etc.
A list of the most common charges as recommended by the British Medical Association (BMA) is displayed in reception at the surgery.